5 BENEFITS OF ENDURANCE WODS Our new and improved training program can, in combination with a paleo based diet, improve your health, mood and weight-loss efforts. We use many different forms and types of exercise, including aerobic, anaerobic, strength-training, based… Read more »
1. Every 2mins Unbroken Pull ups 4×15 2. Every 3 mins Back Squat 3×7@70% 3. Karen For time : 150 wall balls
1. Every 2 mins for 6 sets a. Clean b. Clean Hover c. Hang Clean Below Knee Every 2 mins Push Press 6×5@60% 3. 5 Rounds for time 10 Power Clean @50% of 1RM 20 Box Jumps
1. Every 2 mins Power snatch 3×4+1@60%, 3×3+1@70%| 2. Every 2 mins Front Squat 6×5@60% 3. EMOM 10 min Even- 10 Thruster Odd- 10 Bar Facing Burpees
1. 12 mins Skill-Muscle ups or Every 3 min 3×5 Muscle ups 2. EMOM 12min Even-Assault bike Odd- Sled Push 3. 20mins of Group stretching
1. Every 2 mins Power Clean & Push Jerk 3×4+1@60%, 3×3+1@70% 2. Every 2 mins Strict Press 3×10@70% 3. Intervals 2:1×4 200m Row 10 KBS 5 T2B”
1. Every 2 mins for 6 sets a. Snatch b. Snatch Hover c. Hang Snatch Below Knee 2. Every 3 mins Back Squat 3×10@70% 3. AMRAP 10min 10 Power Snatch @50% of 1RM 15 Wall ball 20/10 20 Double under… Read more »
FRAN 21-15-9 Thruster 42/30 Pull up
Strength Bench Press 5 RM Walking Lunge 8RM Conditioning EMOM Odd- DB Floor Press Even- Weighted Box Step up Hypertrophy 3x ME Push ups rest 60 sec
1. Every 2 mins for 6 rounds 5 Tng Snatch 2. Every 3 mins for 4 rounds 8 Barbell rack Lunge 2. 3 RFT 21 Power snatch 40/30 Row 400m 15 Power snatch 40/30 Row 400m 9 Power snatch 40/30… Read more »
CrossFit Territory – CrossFit
10 shoulder dislocates
Barbell Warm Up
Hang snatch High pulls
Power Snatch (OE2mins 3-3-3-2-2-2)
Hang Power Snatch
Focus on Hip contact and the catch height of the power snatch.
If your feeling good hit 90% or 1RM
Today is great day to test out lift straps. They help you maintain and feel straight arms in the 1st and 2nd pull allowing for more power. These are sold in the shop, speak to a coach on how to use them.
Workout of the day
Alternating Dumbell Snatch
Alternating Dumbell Snatch 20/10
COMPETITORS ( Rx+)
Alternating Dumbell Snatch 22/15
17 minute cap
Everything can be done unbroken as long as you choose the right weight
Half Seated Frog-2min each side
Half Front Split-2min each side
Pigeon-2 min each side
Does Gluten Intolerance Exist?
Hey folks, just a quicky here on the recent news pieces talking about research indicating gluten intolerance may not exist. I’m earlobe deep in City Zero stuff so this will not be a long breakdown but it should help put some of this into context.
First, what is gluten intolerance? Unlike Celiac which is an autoimmune condition triggered by the protein gluten (gliadan to be specific) non celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS) has been hypothesized to be an innate immune response which causes GI distress and inflammation. Recent research (please DO read that whole paper) suggests that gluten may in fact not be the culprit here, but rather FODMAPS.
Real Clear Science did a nice takedown on this but with some interesting commentary. First RCS pulls a quote from the original research:
“Reduction of FODMAPs in their diets uniformly reduced gastrointestinal symptoms and fatigue in the run-in period, after which they were minimally symptomatic.”
Followed by some (good) opinion by RCS:
Coincidentally, some of the largest dietary sources of FODMAPs — specifically bread products — are removed when adopting a gluten-free diet, which could explain why the millions of people worldwide who swear by gluten-free diets feel better after going gluten-free.
Can’t argue with this AND it might also be part of the reason why folks who consume lots of gluten-free products still have problems. The next bit of opinion is…well, just kinda wacky:
Indeed, the rise in non-celiac gluten sensitivity seems predominantly driven by consumers and commercial interests, not quality scientific research.
Only to be followed with what appears to be some correspondence with the lead researcher of the paper